March 21, 2017
New Orleans wedding
#largeweddingtips, #planninglargewedding, #weddingplanningtips
Wedding planning can be a great source of stress when you don’t know how to actually organize all of the details. So, what happens if you want to plan a large wedding? What are the absolute essentials to keep in mind before you do anything? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Find the right venue. This is absolutely crucial! Of course, your venue should be pretty and it should go well with your idea of a dream wedding. But most importantly, it should accommodate each and every guest invited. Please note that you shouldn’t book a smaller venue thinking some guests won’t show up or even send their RSVPs – you really need to account for every single invitation you’ve sent out.
- Provide them with good entertainment. There’s nothing worse than a huge room filled with a lot of bored out people. Make sure your guests have their dances, their food, their drinks, their games, their photos, and everything else you may have in mind for their entertainment.
- Avoid DIY bars. Yes, they are very trendy and they are quite fun – but not when there are tens and even hundreds of hungry people storming through the DIY bar. You really don’t want to have to deal with the mess that would ensue, right?
- Want to save some money? Drop the wedding favors. None of your guests actually care about these – as long as they have fun at the wedding, they will be more than happy without the customized cookies, fridge magnets, or mason jars.
Looking for a dedicated, talented and experienced wedding planner in New Orleans? Come visit Food Art Inc. and we promise to make your big day feel absolutely perfect, from all points of view!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Erica Schoonmaker
March 14, 2017
New Orleans wedding
#weddingmistakes, #weddingplanningmistakes, #weddingplanningtips
When it comes to wedding planning, nobody knows how to pull it off perfectly from the very beginning. What you can do is to stay informed and learn from the pro’s (and from other previous brides).
For example, do you know the most common mistakes to avoid when planning your wedding? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more:
- Not hiring a makeup artist. Of course, you know how to do your makeup on a daily basis, and even for special occasions. But believe us when we tell you that you will be so jittery and nervous on the morning of your wedding that you won’t be able to actually do your makeup, no matter how much experience you may have.
- Buying the dress online. We all know those websites in China – but what many people don’t know is that those orders rarely turn out as planned. If you want to avoid a complete wedding dress disaster when your Big Day’s knocking on the door, go to a salon and actually try on the gowns you are considering.
- Buying the accessories first, before you actually buy the wedding dress. Although it may seem tempting to jump to all those superb accessories first, the truth is that knowing what dress you’ll wear is very important when choosing the jewelry and the other accessories.
- Ordering too many invitations. Try not to order more invitations than you need – it is costly, and, overall, it is a complete waste of paper.
Food Art Inc. can help you plan the most beautiful wedding ever – so if you are searching for someone in the New Orleans, come visit us and let’s have a talk. With us on your side, your wedding day will be truly and utterly unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ flippinyank
February 12, 2017
New Orleans wedding
#noregrestweddingday, #weddingdayplanning, #weddingdonts, #weddingplanningtips, #weddingregrets
Nothing should shadow your wedding day. This is a magical event in your life and you deserve to be the happiest person on Earth. Yet, how do you make sure you don’t have any kind of regrets on your wedding day?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Book very good day-of wedding professionals. You will definitely regret not paying a bit more for a decent photographer or for a DJ who actually understands how wedding “crowds” function. Put in the extra-work, run your research, and choose vendors who are really amazing at what they do.
- Not eating before the actual wedding. Trust us, this is going to be a crazy day, so you should absolutely have something to eat before you start getting ready. You need the energy – and eating during the wedding may not be as easy as you think…
- Not prioritizing comfort. Yes, stiletto heels look gorgeous, and oversized wedding dresses do look amazingly “fairytale-like”. But do you really want to spend the most amazing day of your life feeling utterly uncomfortable? Probably not…
- Not spending some time alone with your loved one. We’ll say it as it is: on your wedding day, all the spotlights will be on you and your partner. And while this is definitely energizing, it can also be quite tiresome – so make sure to take a brief break with your SO and “run” away from the all the eyes, even if just for 10 minutes.
Looking for a wedding planner or catering provider in New Orleans? Contact Food Art Inc. right now and allow us to help you plan the most stunning and unforgettable wedding your guests have ever been to. Hire us and we promise not to disappoint you in any way!
Photo source: flickr.com/ nparekhcards
October 11, 2016
New Orleans wedding
#weddingplanning, #weddingplanningideas, #weddingplanningtips
Planning the perfect Big Day is no child’s game – it takes time, dedication and plenty of effort (financial and otherwise) to pull together so many different items and ensure all of them are flawlessly coordinated.
How to plan a really amazing wedding day? We have collected some of the best wedding planning tips – so read on and find out more.
• Everyone should have their cake…and eat it too. And this includes any surprise guests you may have at the wedding too! Your cake should be large enough to serve all of the people who have RSPVd – but it should also accommodate any unexpected situations too. It’s much better to have cake leftovers than people who haven’t received a slice!
• Midnight snacks are a really nice touch. Everyone loves to indulge every now and again and a delicious midnight snack will keep your guests going and dancing until the morning comes. Offer them something they love, with a twist – such as mini-pizzas, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup shots, and so on!
• Plan your music – and be really precise about it. Your DJ cannot read minds, so it’s best to give him a list of songs you want at your wedding and a list of songs you don’t want. Sure, let him do his work and allow him to entertain guests with songs they are most likely going to dance on – but be sure your favorites and least favorites are also known to the person behind the wedding “soundtrack”.
Planning your wedding in New Orleans? If you need a truly dedicated professional to help you with all the minute details of your big event, be sure to contact Food Art Inc. With our experience and talent, your wedding is bound to be nothing less than absolutely gorgeous!
Photo source: flickr.com/ luca.sartoni
August 30, 2016
New Orleans wedding
#weddingentertainment, #weddingentertainmenttips, #weddingfun, #weddingplanningtips
Obviously, you want your wedding to be a really great event – not just for you, but for all the amazing guests who have chosen to celebrate with you. And while food, drinks and general décor do play very big roles in creating the right atmosphere, it is also important to thoroughly plan your wedding entertainment too.
How do you do that? How do you plan your wedding entertainment, the proper way? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Don’t simply rule out the option of a band, or that of a DJ. Do your research, see what are the pros and cons on each side, and only decide on something once you are definitely sure it’s the right choice for you, your wedding style and your particular personalities. Yes, all the research and planning ahead will be more than worth it!
- Communicate with your band or DJ, even if you are not located in the same city. Yes, it may happen that you hire a band that’s outside of town, or that you are simply living farther from your wedding location (e.g. you are planning a destination wedding or a wedding in your hometown). But, thanks to technology, you can communicate real-time with your band or DJ and tell them about all of your concerns and your favorite/least favorite songs.
- Last, but definitely not least, think beyond the music. Yes, it does play a hugely important role in making people feel great – but there are other “extras” you could bring into your wedding too. Photo booths, entertainers, games – they can all be a really nice touch to your Big Day/
Planning a wedding? In need of a truly experienced wedding planner to help you with all the details? Contact Food Art Inc. in New Orleans and we guarantee your wedding will be flawless from head to finish!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Antonio Maran