August 16, 2016
New Orleans wedding
#bridalpartyduties, #weddingpartyduties, #weddingpartytasks, #weddingpartytips
Your wedding party is more than important to you. After all, these are your closest relatives, your best friends, and, ultimately, the people you have chosen to play “VIP” roles at your wedding. Sure, they must feel really honored about this and they want to make sure they fulfill their duties just like the “textbook” dictates it.
What are the most important things your wedding party members should know about their tasks? Read on and find out more.
- The honor attendants. Your Maid of Honor and your Best Man are your personal advisors – both before and during the big day. Traditional roles include planning the bridal shower, the bachelor/bachelorette party, helping with various planning-related issues, coordinating the other wedding party members (for their dress/tuxedo appointments), giving toasts at the wedding, as well as dancing with other important members of the wedding party.
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen. Depending on your relationship with your bridesmaids and groomsmen, they might help with the wedding planning, they will help other guests during the wedding day (e.g. direct them to reach your wedding venue), and they will also participate in other wedding and pre-wedding activities (for example, the groomsmen are expected to help decorate the getaway vehicle together with the Best Man).
- Traditionally, the parents of the bride host and pay for the wedding reception. However, these days, most parents either agree to split the costs or allow their children to pay for the wedding themselves. Other duties include helping with the planning, researching family or ethnic traditions for the Big Day, standing in the receiving line, helping with the guest list, helping you find accommodation and transportation for other guests, and so on.
Searching for a wedding planner to will help you pull together all the minute (and sometimes confusing) details of your Big Day? Come see what Food Art Inc. has to offer and you will not be disappointed by our genuinely professional services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ 109249103@N05
August 12, 2016
Choosing a wedding date is one of the first and foremost important decisions you will have to make when planning the Big Day. Therefore, you will definitely want to do this the right way – especially since your wedding date will have a huge influence on other wedding elements too.
How to do it? How to choose your wedding date with ease? Here are some tips to help you with this:
- What season do you want to choose for your wedding? Are you more of a summer couple, or would you much rather get married in a winter wonderland? Maybe even more importantly, is there a season or a time of the year that’s especially meaningful for your relationship (e.g. the time when you met for the first time)? Consider these factors.
- Do you think there is a time of the year when your guests may find it easier to reach your wedding? This is a very important element to think of especially if you plan on having a destination wedding or if you know the majority of your guests will have to travel to your wedding location (which they may not find so easy during the holiday season, for example).
- Last, but definitely not least, do you want your wedding to take place during the week, or in the weekend? If you want to save money, and have a more unique type of wedding, you might want to opt for a daytime wedding, or for a wedding that happens during the week.
Searching for a wedding planner or wedding caterer in New Orleans? Come visit Food Art Inc., contact us, and we will be there for you, so that you have the amazing wedding you have always envisioned! Contact us and you will never regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ stephcarter
August 6, 2016
#foodart, #vows, #weddingplanning, #weddingtips, Weddings
Love is a sentiment that transcends everything mankind has ever known: space, time, borders, and even knowledge itself. It is precisely for this reason that love has inspired so many artists, so many writers and so many musicians to create beauty that grasps at least a small part of the complexity of the most amazing feeling a human being can feel.
Your wedding vows are extremely important to you – so why not take inspiration from some of the most well-known love quotes out there, and create vows that are meaningful, unforgettable and genuinely emotional? Here are some ideas you could use:
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- Lana del Rey. “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love”.
- Tyler Knott Gregson. “Because of you I can feel myself slowly but surely becoming the one I have always dreamed of being”.
- Maya Angelou. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
- Albert Einstein. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.”
- Jackson Brown, Jr. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.”
Searching for someone who will help you the wedding you have always wanted? The Big Day that’s not only flawless from an organizational point of view, but also meaningful, personal and absolutely unforgettable? Contact Food Art Inc. and we will be there to provide you with our professional New Orleans wedding planning services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ GoonSquadSarah
July 28, 2016
#beauty, #bridal, #weddingceremony, #weddingdress, #weddingreception, bride, Weddings
As a bride-to-be, you want to be the most gorgeous woman that has ever walked down the aisle. You want to be more than pretty – you want to be radiant, stunning and truly amazing from all points of view.
Truth be told, beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder – so you can rest assured that your loved one will always see you as the prettiest girl at the ball. And yet, if you want to feel great in your own skin for the Big Day, here are some useful bridal beauty tips for you:
- Your beauty preparation starts now. Believe us, the long-term changes can go a very, very long way when it comes to making you feel really beautiful. Stop biting your nails, grow your hair if you want to, apply a very good cream on your face, start working out and eat healthier. These are the kind of changes that will make you radiate beauty from within.
- Remember: trying new looks before the wedding is, most of the times, a very bad idea. Sure, that fiery red may look amazing on you – but if it doesn’t, you might find there’s not enough time to get rid of it. If you want to make a big change before the wedding, do it at least a few months in advance, so that you have enough time to switch back if you don’t like it.
- Careful with that spray tan! It is definitely more advisable to get a bit of spray tan than to stand in the sun, but keep in mind that just a little is what you need. Going too crazy on the fake tan will not look good on anyone.
- Last, but not least, remind yourself to create a bridal look that accentuates your most beautiful features. Big, sparkly eyes? Choose a makeup style that emphasizes on that. Beautifully arched lips? Settle for a lipstick that will make that pout really pop with grace and elegance.
Searching for a wedding planner capable of delivering absolute perfection for your wedding day? Come see what Food Art Inc. has to offer in New Orleans and you will not be disappointed by our services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ flashback_tun
July 19, 2016
#foodart, #groom, #summer, #summerweddings, #weddingplanning, #weddingtips, bride, Weddings
As we enter into summer, you might be one of the brides preparing for the much-expected Big Day. And while you surely have plenty of reasons to love summer (and to have settled on a summer wedding date), the truth is that there may still be some things you might have not considered when planning the Big Day.
No worries! There are plenty of small additions you can make last-minute to make your summer wedding truly comfortable and unforgettable for everyone there! Read on to find out more.
- Order some extra flowers. Even with the highest attention to detail and even by choosing flowers that are highly heat-resistant, there may still be some flowers that cannot withstand the temperature outside. This can be easily solved by simply ordering some extra flowers (for the boutonnieres, for example). After all, it is better to stay on the safe side, rather than worry about this!
- Offer refreshments for the guests. Wedding planning can be really stressful – so it is understandable if you have left some things slip away. One of the issues you absolutely have to handle though is that of the water and refreshments. The last thing you want is to make your guests feel sick due to dehydration!
- Get some bug-repellent weapons. Insect bites are nasty, they can be really annoying and they can definitely ruin a guest’s party mood – so keep the fliers away from yourself and your loved ones by providing everyone insect repellent sprays. Also, remember that there are various natural ways to keep bugs away too – such as citronella candles, for example. If your venue allows candles inside, these ones would be a great choice!
Food Art Inc. is a wedding catering and wedding planning service provider in New Orleans. But even more than that, we are a team of highly-dedicated professionals, in love with making love stories come to life in every wedding we work at. So, if you are looking for a caterer or planner in the area, be sure to contact us as soon as possible!
Photo source: flickr.com/ seanmcgrath
July 15, 2016
#foodart, #groom, #rehearsaldinner, #weddingceremony, #weddingplanning, #weddingreception, #weddingtips, bride, Weddings
The rehearsal dinner is one of the most important and emotional pre-wedding events – so, as the couple-to-be-married, you definitely want this party to be really amazing for everyone. How to do it, though? How to plan a rehearsal dinner everyone will genuinely enjoy? Here are the basics to keep in mind when creating the perfect rehearsal dinner:
- First of all, you should understand the purpose of this gathering. For once, it is a great opportunity to rehearse the speeches and all the other important parts of the wedding reception. But even more than that, it is a very good way to introduce guests to one another, so that they socialize better on your wedding day.
- Furthermore, you should also know that the rehearsal dinner can be as casual or as formal as you want it to be (from backyard barbecue parties to sophisticated events, everything goes). In general though, the rehearsal dinner is less formal than the actual wedding, but not by a lot (so if you want to have a fancy ballroom wedding, your rehearsal could happen at an elegant restaurant, for example).
- Also, it is essential to know that the guest list should include all the wedding VIPs and all of the out-of-town guests as well. Moreover, it is also customary to invite the officiant and his/her spouse, so make sure you plan for this as well.
- Generally speaking, no invitations need to be sent for the rehearsal dinner – except for very fancy affairs. So, if you plan on having a rather elegant party for this pre-wedding event, you should definitely send out invitations (with or shortly after the wedding invitations) and you should also request for RSVPs.
Searching for an amazing wedding catering professional in New Orleans? Contact Food Art Inc. and we guarantee we will not disappoint you with our amazing catering services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ mdgovpics
July 5, 2016
#foodart, #foodartinc, #programs, #weddingideas, #weddingplanning, #weddingprograms, #weddingstationery, Weddings
Your wedding ceremony programs are a nice way of introducing your wedding guests to your love story. Therefore, it is only natural you want them to be really interesting and unique, so that they reflect the beautiful fairytale that has brought you all together on this special day.
What are some of the best and most special wedding ceremony program ideas? We have some tips for you – so read on if you’re searching for inspiration.
- Be simple. There’s truly nothing more elegant than simplicity – so why not add your personal touch to the programs in a classy and non-complicated way? For example, you could design your programs from simple cardboard with a beautiful ribbon on top of it. Or, you could design a special stamp to use on the programs and all of the other pieces of day-of stationery.
- Put in some props. Ceremonies are always very emotional – both for the couple and for their guests too. Add a small envelope to your wedding ceremony programs and place a handkerchief in – people will love this sentimental, beautiful idea!
- Get playful. Want to add a bit of game into your wedding ceremony programs? Turn them into fun Mad Libs, allowing your guests to fill in answers forming hilarious sentences. These games will always remind people of childhood playfulness – and if you’re that kind of whimsical couple, this will surely reflect your love story.
- Provide comfort. Planning your outdoor ceremony on a hot summer day? Attach woven fans to your ceremony programs so that your guests can keep themselves cool. Bright-colored programs and woven fans will look really stylish!
Food Art Inc. can help you bring together all of your wedding day details in a way that’s easy, smooth and mistake-free – so if you’re searching for a trustworthy planner in New Orleans, contact us and you will never regret your choice!
Photo source: flickr.com/ 62668618@N05